Position Title: Student Services Coordinator
Duration of Position: Summer/Fall 2016 (May 23 – Dec. 14, 2016)
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 – 5pm* (approx. 20 hours a week)
*flexible scheduling depending on class schedule
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering’s department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (AME) has approximately 950 undergraduate and undergraduate students and 24 full-time faculty. This position will provide the opportunity for a graduate student to learn about the role of a student services advisor within an academic unit. The AME student population is diverse and will give exposure to working with both domestic and international students, as well as on-campus and online students who are enrolled in the DEN@Viterbi master’s programs. Assisting staff and faculty with administrative duties managed by the department to ensure the smooth running of services will be a key role for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Assist undergraduate and graduate advisor with student advising (BS, MS, PhD, DEN students)
* Answer admission-related questions via email from prospective students
* Assist with special events and programs (PhD Orientation, Undergraduate Transfer Mentorship Program, etc.)
* Provide general clerical support and work on administrative tasks as assigned
* Projects and other duties to be determined based on interest and personal/professional goals
Requirements: Excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred: Currently enrolled in graduate program at USC Rossier School of Education.
Application Deadline: Monday, May 9, 2016
Send resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director, AME Student Services