STUDENT-ATHLETE ACADEMIC SERVICES: ASSISTANT LEARNING SPECIALIST POSITION
Student-Athlete Academic Services at USC is seeking graduate students interested in gaining experience and training with academically at-risk student athletes. This is a paid hourly position and requires a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Assistant Learning Specialists (ALS) will be involved in providing individualized instruction and educational coaching for student athletes with learning differences and other academic needs. Each ALS will:
- Collaborate with a professional Learning Specialist in working with a caseload of students (minimum 15 hrs/wk) each semester
- Be directly supervised (minimum of one hour per week) by a professional Learning Specialist
- Attend weekly Directed Studies staff meetings
- May have opportunities to gain experience in other professional areas of Student-Athlete Academic Services (some consideration provided to applicants who are able to make a two-year commitment)
Assistant Learning Specialists must meet the following requirements:
- Attendance at weekly Directed Studies meetings
- Attendance at regularly scheduled supervision meetings
- Available for at least 15 hours per week (including 2 evenings) for individual appointments.
- Enrollment in a USC graduate program (students from Rossier School of Education strongly encouraged to apply, but open to all graduate programs).
Submit a letter of interest, vita, academic transcripts, writing sample, and one letter of reference
(Review of applications is ongoing)
Questions and/or materials should be sent to:
USC Athletic Department – SAAS
John McKay Center
940 W. 35th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90089-3211
Attn: Cory Buckner
Phone: (213) 740-2018